Transient Wool Merchants Episode 25 – Grumbly Gus and the SSK Recap
Amy is currently working on:
• Radiate Sweater by Joji Locatelli in a purple handspun yarn created from a Loop Bullseye Bump and silver Leicester Longwool (millspun) from our flock
• SSK Socks! Based on Susan B. Anderson’s How I Make My Socks out of Turtle Purl’s “Party! We’re 5!” Colorway
• ALL-Ways Cowl By Laura Nelkin
• Corner to Corner blanket – enabled by Ann of the Carolina Fiber Girls
• Aquifer Scarf Kit from Laura Nelkin’s M Club kit
• La Dame Blanche by Barbara Bensen (in our yarn too!)
• Hring Scarf by Laura Nelkin
• Creatrix MKAL by Laura Nelkin
• Spinning a sweater’s worth of Moonbear, our Romney ram on my Custom Classic wheel
Amy has finished:
• Spinning a braid of Polwarth/Silk from Dragonfly Fibers in the Cheshire Cat colorway on the Hansen e-spinner 380 yds of fingering weight!
In the Rear View Mirror
Down the Road
August is our local fair and we ARE showing animals and helping our FFA friend with Miss Diva
August 26-27 is our Trunk Show at fibre space in Alexandria, VA, but due to their moving plans, may be postponed
November is the next Disney retreat at Coronado Springs.
Corn on the Cob, Tomato salads, cantaloupe and blueberries
The Barn Report
Summer is worm season and they can be devastating to sheep. We are practicing FAMACHA and worming everyone as needed. That mild winter did nothing to help kill off the parasites!
Still putting up hay and mowing the pastures.
We’ve had a new addition to the dog pack here on the farm – Meet Gus, the 8 wk old Basset Hound puppy. We’ve had Bassets from nearly 30 years and he’s pretty darn awesome.
Word on the Street
Amy is working on a new article for PLY Magazine.
We are participating in a new USDA-funded Food Shed program and Amy has a meeting with the group overseeing the project this week.
Registration is about 75% sold out for our second Disney retreat! Join Laura Linneman, Laura Aylor, Tanis Gray and Liz Gipson for great classes, evening events, a mega market with demos and mini-classes – all at Coronado Springs resort November 8-11, 2017 – more details at www.magicalfiberfantasyretreat.com