Transient Wool Merchants Episode 24 – Ovechkin Gets Traded to Pittsburgh
Amy is currently working on:
• SSK Socks! Based on Susan B. Anderson’s How I Make My Socks out of Turtle Purl’s “Party! We’re 5!” Colorway
• ALL-Ways Cowl By Laura Nelkin
• Corner to Corner blanket – enabled by eannrn of the Carolina Fiber Girls
• Aquifer Scarf Kit from Laura Nelkin’s M Club kit
• La Dame Blanche by Barbara Bensen (in our yarn too!)
• Hring Scarf by Laura Nelkin
• Creatrix MKAL by Laura Nelkin
• Spinning a braid of Polwarth/Silk from Dragonfly Fibers in the Cheshire Cat colorway on the Hansen e-spinner
• Spinning a sweater’s worth of Moonbear, our Romney ram on my Custom Classic wheel
Amy has finished:
• Transitus Hat Test knit by Laura Nelkin out of our Romney Jackson worsted weight
• Sugar Skull socks – OMG Toe Up Socks by Megan Williams in the Dia de Los Muertos colorway by Desert Vista Dyeworks
In the Rear View Mirror
Whiskey Rebellion Festival
Disney for the 4th
Down the Road
Next week we are at the Super Summer Knitogether with The KnitGirlls in Nashville
August is our local fair and we ARE showing animals and helping our FFA friend with Miss Diva
August 26-27 is our Trunk Show at fibre space in Alexandria, VA
November is the next Disney retreat at Coronado Springs.
Corn on the Cob, Tomato salads and PEACHES
The Barn Report
Peabody and Sherman are doing very well. Duke the Leicester Longwool ram left for the Smithsonian Biodiversity Preservation program.
Still putting up hay and mowing the pastures.
Word on the Street
Amy is working on a new article for PLY Magazine.
We are participating in a new USDA-funded Food Shed program.
The distillery has created a hangtag detailing the partnership between us and highlighting the fact that their spent grain feeds out sheep and creates our wool.
Laura, the owner of Four Purls Yarn Shop in Winter Haven, FL joins us to give us a peek into the market she’s creating at the upcoming retreat.
Registration is over half sold out for our second Disney retreat! Join Laura Linneman, Laura Aylor, Tanis Gray and Liz Gipson for great classes, evening events, a mega market with demos and mini-classes – all at Coronado Springs resort November 8-11, 2017 – more details at www.magicalfiberfantasyretreat.com